Thursday, September 10, 2015

August photos, the 16 thru the 19th.

Posting my photos like this, you are going to see many of the same things more than once. Sometimes even in the same posting!
I hope they are varied enough that you don't get bored with them.
 
 
 
Dragonfly
 

See him?


This is the first time I saw one of these unusual spiders.
I looked it up. It's a spiny-bellied orb weaver.
More specifically it's a spined micrathena.
Isn't it awesome!
I saw another one since then, so you'll see it again.
 
 
Daddy longlegs is the common name, but he has another name, it's harvestmen.
This wasp is a great golden digger wasp and not aggressive.
 

 
I don't know, but if I ever find out, I'll let you know


 
Oh the passionflowers!


 
I love them and I'm going to plant some on my fence line.


I have no idea if this is a salamander or lizard or skink.
They're kind of all the same kind of critter.


 
Grass flowers
 


Mountain mint



Spider in thistle
 


 
Damselfly



 
Hopper


 


 
Partridge pea

 
 
Mist flower

 
Haven't found this one yet




White baneberry or dolls eyes 
 



I sent this photo to the ombudsmen
but I haven't heard back yet.
If you know what they are, tell me.
 


 
The grasses are many and beautiful.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment