Sunday, June 25, 2023

Listen

 

Listen to me.

Listen and hear what I have to say.

If you don’t agree with me, I will be sad, but I know that’s the way it’s supposed to be and it’s okay. Just give me a few minutes of your time.

First off, you know I love you. I tell my morning peeps that every day. So it is with love that I want to tell you this.

Many of you know I’m a Christian. I follow the teachings of the Bible and Jesus Christ. No, not perfectly. No one is perfect except the Lord. But I try. And when I fail, I repent. Repenting isn’t just asking for forgiveness, although it is that. Repenting is turning from your sin and doing it no more. Changing your mind and changing your actions.

“Peg, just because you think it’s a sin doesn’t mean I do,” you say.

I know, right! But it’s not me that says it’s a sin. It’s the Book that teaches us Basic Information Before Leaving Earth.

“So, what brings this on?” you wanna know.

A short video popped up on my Facebook newsfeed. A two-year-old points up and says, “He’s coming! Abba up! The King is coming! Bring me a present!”


It gave me goosebumps.

“...your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,” says Joel 2:28

“Peg, that video is eight years old!” you say.

I know, but “...one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day,” says 1Peter 3:8

So, knowing that, eight years may be only a blip on God’s radar.

I always thought I’d have lots of time to keep dropping little seeds of Truth in my letter blogs. Now I realize I may not have as much time as I thought I did.

I try, mostly, to fly under the radar. To not rock the boat. I don’t want to alienate anyone, and I don’t want to shove my religion down anybody’s throat. Although, I have to tell you, the world doesn’t extend the same courtesy to me. Walking down the aisle of the store, hearing bits and pieces of conversations, every other word a cuss word, with no regard to whomever may be in earshot and offended. Turn on the TV and I’m bombarded with the lies of the world. Open a book and there it is again. They say I have to believe what they believe or I’m intolerant. Who’s intolerant?

Flying under the radar, not rocking the boat, is not what God wants any of His followers to do. He wants us to be loud and proud! He wants us to spread His word and He wants you to hear the truth. He wants you to stop following the crowd! And most of all, He wants us to join Him in heaven when we leave this world.

So, I’m asking you. Do you know where you will go when you die?

I could say so much more. If your heart is open, if you want to hear more, I’m here. I’ll try to answer your questions and if I don’t know the answer, we’ll find it together.

If you think it’s all rubbish, then I’ve said enough. But know this. It saddens me deeply that you are missing out on the greatest gift ever given, eternal life in Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment