Wednesday, May 11, 2022

I know You Know

 

I know you know that there was more to my week last week then taking Pastor Rick to Michigan. And you know that I know I need to write about it. 

On the precipice of my trip to Michigan, Mike and I got haircuts. I got in the chair first and then when Paula was cutting Mike’s, I took a tour around her yard.



Crabapple. 


         A Redbud and a Magnolia.



        My can collection has gotten a little ahead of me over the winter, to say the least. I have four boxes of cans not to mention a couple of boxes with lids. I’m thinking it’s about time to recycle a few of the more dented up ones that I don’t want to use.


        Now that I can spend some time on the patio, I’ve started making flowers to decorate my fences with.







             These are a far cry from the very first one that I made. 


          “Peg! They’re all the same color!” you exclaim!

          I know, right! A red base with a yellow inset and if it has a third layer, it’s blue. Here’s what I’m thinking. I’m thinking I’ve got such a long expanse of fence that I’ll do a bunch in one color theme and spread them along the fence. The next time I’ll choose different colors and scatter them about.

          Unless you know where to look, these six little flowers get a little lost. Hopefully, by the end of summer, I’ll have a cheerful garden.


          Speaking of cheerful…

          There is nothing quite so cheerful or as colorful as the Baltimore Oriole.

          I happened to glance out my kitchen window and saw a spot of orange on the fence. 


          I grabbed my camera and spent some time photographing these guys.


          They’ll pick at the suet block and sip nectar from your hummingbird feeder.


          Speaking of hummingbirds…

          I got a few shots of them while shooting the Orioles —



   and Bondi barks at them.



And chase them out of the yard.



Silly dog!

           And I got a woodpecker, too. He’s either a Downy or a Hairy. The only difference between the two is size with the Hairy being a little larger. 


          Mike put Bondi’s door in for her new dog run.   


     

Mike pushed Bondi through. She turned around and came back out.


“She needs a step,” Mike said and got her one. Then he got on one side and I got on the other and we ran her back and forth a few times.


          Bondi doesn’t use the side run very often but she does know how.

          In the world of cats, I found this unlucky guy stranded in the desert of my patio. His skin felt dry but I didn’t see any wounds.


           I took him to the water at the edge of the yard.


           Speaking of unlucky…

Blackie brought in a baby mouse. Poor guy.



Protecting his kill, he wouldn’t let me get very close at all.


           I have another mouse story (or two or three) and another cat story as well as some wildflowers to talk about, but this catches you up a little, takes the edge off my need to write, and we’ll save the rest for next time. Let’s call this one done.

          Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment