Sunday, November 27, 2016

A Look Back

During our family reunion in Texas this past October, many of us wondered; when was the last time all of us were together?
“I think it was when Pop died,” I said and of course we weren’t all together then because Pop was gone.
“I don’t think Charles was there,” someone said.
This past week I pulled out my external storage devices and spent many hours searching in all the nooks and crannies for all the places where my device saves pictures. I don’t know why they don’t have an easier filing system but they don’t.  The external hard drives are made to back up your whole computer and I’m only interested in saving my photos. I’ve since learned how to make it easier for me to find my photos but that doesn’t help with the first two hard drives that I’ve already filled up.
Some photos I’ve transferred from one system to another. On those, my computer only identifies it with the year I saved it. Take for instance the photo from when Pop died. It’s tagged with the date of 1-18-09 but he died 7-27-95. So I’m guessing 1-18-09 was when I was backing up the photo.
If you know the members of my family then you can see that Charles was indeed at Pop’s memorial service.


Some photos were scanned into my files and I don’t have any idea when they were taken. But these were both reunions and all of us are in them; Pop, Momma and all eleven kids.



I think this Thanksgiving reunion at my cute little red haired sister Diane’s house, was the last time we were all together. That was in 1989 I believe.


I can’t find any reunion pictures again until this one and I was the only one who wasn’t there.


This is the next family reunion picture I have. Pop is gone and my brother Charles didn’t attend.


We had at least one other family reunion, but maybe two, where we didn’t do any family group photos, then in 2010 we had a reunion and did one big family photo. All of my brothers and sisters were there except for my handsome youngest brother John; he had to work and couldn’t get out of it. And Michael wasn’t there either; he had died the year before.


Reunions are few and far between in my family. It is just hard with a family the size of mine (and all of us being so scattered) to find a time that works for everyone, which is what made this last reunion just that much more amazing.


And that is a look back on the Bowers Clan. 
Let's call this one done.

No comments:

Post a Comment