Tuesday, March 31, 2015

 Ooops! My cabinet knobs that sprouted trees should have gone with the Andrew story, so here it is now.


Now, speaking of vinyl, I used my Cricut (pronounced cricket) machine to create an invitation for people to talk to me and tell me a story to post on my HIM page. I just thought it might be more efficient if I let them come to me instead of me walking up to people and having to explain each and every time what I was doing. I even printed a stack of suggestions that they could pick up and read if I was busy talking to someone else. I have discovered that most times, being put on the spot for a story, doesn’t work all that well and I have to spend time talking with them to find something, which I don’t mind, it’s just time consuming.



There are answers to questions that I get all the time and are just not interesting all on their own. And the answer is, “The day my kids were born.” Or, “The day I got married,” Both very special events but common to a lot of us. I thought if they had a chance to dig around in their memories a bit, they might come up with something interesting easier.

“How did it work?” you wonder.

I only went out with it once so far and I sat on the stage here at Luby’s. After about an hour I had two new stories for my page. That’s great for a day. I don’t need to flood the page with too many stories at one time.

After I finished my ‘invitation’ I got to work on my love project.

“What’s your ‘love project’”? you ask.

I am making stickers for my beautiful girls Kat and her daughter Jessica. Some of them are for Kat but they are mostly for Jessica. I made these for her to decorate her bedroom with. I’ll tell you what. I enjoyed making them so much that I got a little obsessive about it. Luckily there wasn’t much else going on here so I was able to all but complete the project. I have one more to make, a special request for a special girl, then I’m done and can take my Cricut machine off the table. All week long my kitchen wall just got prettier...



and prettier!



It just makes me smile.

When you make things on the Cricut machine you have to ‘weed’ your project. That means pulling off all the unwanted pieces from the design. I save all of the pieces I weed out and I use them - plus a few I made expressly for the purpose of - embellishing my projects. The koalas have flowers on their bottom and I gave the penguins each their own color heart. That kind of stuff.

I created these expressions with the weeds and embellishments.



I just love them and no one is more surprised than I am by how pretty they came out. I didn’t know what any of them would look like until they were done. I had no plan, no preconceived notion. I just started and they seemed to come together.

I asked Mike to look at them.

“Yeah,” was all he said.

“What do you think?” I asked.

“They’re okay, Peg, you know I’m not crazy about that kind of stuff.”

I wasn’t asking him to stick them on his car for heavens sake! But you totally could if you wanted to. I just wanted to know if they were pretty.

“Yeah,” was his answer when I pressed him.

Saturday morning I stuck them in my pocket and took them to Golden Corral with me. I wanted to show them to Sue, or favorite waitress, and ask her what she thought of them. On the way, in the car with our sophisticated friend Margaret, I pulled them out and showed them to her.

“What do you think?” I asked with a smile in my voice and on my face. I was just sure she would think they were pretty.

“Um…they’re okay I guess,” is what she said.

“You don’t think they’re pretty?” I asked.

“Yeah,” she hedged, “but I don’t want any!”

“I’m not giving you any!” I exclaimed. I already knew that there was no way on God’s green earth that Margaret would ever put anything like this up in her house, on her kitchen cabinets, like I do. She already told me so. “I just want to know what you think of them!”

She shrugged. “They’re okay I guess,” she said and handed them back to me. What is wrong with these people!

We get to Golden Corral and have our breakfast. Already having gotten two not-so-hot reactions to my Expressions Stickers, I was hesitant to show them again. It took me until we were almost ready to leave before I thought, what the heck and took them out.

“What do you think?” I asked Sue spreading them out on the table.

“They’re cool,” she said as she looked at them.

“I made them,” I told her.

“Really?” she sound surprised. “They’re really cool!”

Thinking that when and if we ever did the festival route, could I sell them? “How much would you pay for one?”

Sue thought about it, “I’d pay $1.50 for the larger ones. $1.00 for the medium size and $.75 for the small ones.”

Price aside I was pleased that someone besides me liked my stickers.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment