Sunday, February 8, 2015

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Hi everyone,

My desktop photo this week is Andrew, aka, The Star Of My Show, aka, My Little Heart.

I love the expression on his face as he peeled one of the trees from the cabinet door and stuck it on his arm.


I laughed. If you ever want a kid do something again, just laugh at him.



 Pretty soon we were all wearing trees. First Mommy got one and then Daddy got a pink one on his hand,



then I got four of them across my shirt front.



By the way, Andrew took this photo. I was helping him hold the camera while I tried to stay far enough away for it to focus but he snapped it. So don’t look at my wrinkles, okay?

I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later.

“Wrinkles?” you ask.

Yeah, there’s that too, but no, I was speaking of Andrew wanting my camera. His whole life he has seen me taking tons of photos of him. And it’s a wonder he recognizes me without a camera stuck to my face, but it was only a matter of time until he asked to try the camera.

Guys, he was so stinkin’ cute! And here’s the photo to prove it. This is Andrew asking if he can try my camera. He still doesn’t talk much but he doesn’t have to. We all understand him perfectly!



I took the strap off my neck and handed my $600 camera to a two-year old.

“Are you crazy!”

I know, right! I thought the same thing myself after I handed it over but what could I do? I’m putty in this kid’s hands.

Andrew sat on my bed and handled my camera as if he had been handling a camera his whole life. He knew how to hold it (one hand on each side) and he knew he had to have it up to his eye. He even knew he had to push a button and I watched as his little fingers searched for the shutter button.
“It’s right here,” I told him showing him which button to push. Then I sat back and watched as he wrestled with a camera that was much too big and much too heavy for him to handle.
 

At first I thought Andrew was looking through the view finder than I saw he was peaking over the top of the camera, so he hasn’t yet gotten the idea that he needs to look through it, but he had everything pointed in the right direction.
 

That cat!

That darn cat!

Yeah! Baby Blue. She loves to be close to Mike and sometimes she has to lay on the corner of his computer to accomplish that. Most times it’s not a problem but this past week she laid on a button and opened 141 windows!
 

Our poor little Baby Blue…

I say that but despite her slow start in life she’s not little anymore. At eight pounds she is pretty much a normal size cat. She does, however, continue to have respiratory problems. In plain English, she’s a snotty cat. She sneezes snot all over the place! But when you love something, like we do Baby Blue, you put up with their problems.

Monday morning we were sitting at the table doing…what else?…playing Skip-Bo with Gary when Baby Blue sneezed. I turned and looked and here she had snotted a blob of bloody snot on my kitchen floor.

“Her nose is probably just dry, like ours gets and sometimes when you blow it, it’s bloody,” Mike said.

I wasn’t convinced. “What if she has pneumonia?” Seeing blood where you don’t expect to see blood is cause for investigation-in my book.

I called the vet and we got her right in that day. It turns out that Mike was more right than I was. It probably was just blood from dry nasal passages. She had no temperature and the vet couldn’t hear anything in her lungs. Nonetheless we still came home with three medications for Baby Blue and a hundred dollars less in our wallet.
 

“Three medications for dry nasal passages?” I know right!

The vet found something going on with one ear and I have to put drops in it twice a day. She also gave us two medications to try to make her less snotty. One was a liquid and one was a pill.

“But you have to make sure that the pill gets into the stomach.” The vet cautioned us. “Follow with a syringe full of water or make sure she eats a full meal.”

The liquid is easy to get into Baby Blue but the pill turned out to be a real challenge and I have the scratches and bites to prove it! Yeah. That happened with the second pill I gave her then I decided I had to find a better pill delivery system.

Baby Blue likes Pup-Peroni. As I sat there giving our critters their after dinner treat it occurred to me that I could hide the pill in a piece of that. I didn’t know if she would find it or not and I had to make sure the dogs didn’t steal it from her, but it worked like a charm. Down the pill went, no fuss, no muss. Follow with a third of a can of cat food and Baby Blue is happy. Despite her love of the wet stinky stuff, I don’t normally feed her canned food. I like our animals to be on hard food because it’s better for their teeth.

Baby Blue has been on her medications since Tuesday and she is doing so much better. In fact, I’m not sure I’ve heard her sneeze at all in the last couple of days. I’ll have to pay better attention. And we were told (three years ago) that this may be something she will always have. So at that time, when the meds were gone and the sneezing and snotting returned, we just lived with it and have been living with it every since then.

I’m afraid to get my hopes up this time.



We are planning on being in Pennsylvania sometime around the first of May. If you don’t know already, let me tell you that my mom (our mom) is moving to Arizona to live with Patti, my oldest and much adored sister.

Momma has never wanted to go to a nursing home but at this stage in her life she needs more care than she is currently getting so something needed to happen and this was decided as being best for all concerned. I am not sure of her move date, I just know that it will happen in May.

Let’s call this one done!

Lots and lots of love,

Peg and Mike
 

No comments:

Post a Comment